planes.June 1, 2012
In the last month, I’ve made a few trips: San Diego, New York, Philadelphia. It’s definitely weird to travel so much after a year of not going anywhere. But I guess I better start getting used to it. Here are my observations from my trips.
- A surprising number of people use airplane bathrooms without shoes. This is gross to me. Though airplane bathrooms do constantly surprise me with how not gross they are.
- AirTran charges you to select your seats before your flight. Really?
- Non-stop flights from San Francisco to the East Coast are so long. I almost prefer having a layover than a straight six hour flight. Also, the time difference kills me – a whole 8-9 hours gone just to get there.
- Traveling without a suitcase is pretty much the greatest thing ever. I think I’m the only person who actually likes to check bags.
- San Francisco Terminal 2 looks so much cooler than Terminal 1. Is this because Virgin flies out of that terminal? Or something else?
- Flew my first flight on Virgin. They have more male flight attendants than other airlines – at least that’s what it seemed. And they have a fancy computerized ordering system for snacks/drinks. This is not a more pleasant experience – at least not in coach.
- Don’t buy nail polish in airports. Even in an emergency. It’s a total ripoff. Just wait til you get to your destination and then go to Walgreens.